Updated: Aug 8
It's safe to say most people would appreciate having their home cleaned by professional housecleaners. What's keeping you from enjoying this service in your home? If it’s a matter of affordability, you may be surprised to find out there are ways to make it more affordable. We at Bright at Home Cleaning have several practical and creative ways to make professional cleaning fit into your budget.
When looking at the cost of a home cleaning, the cost is related to the amount of time it will take to provide the cleaning company’s given scope of cleaning services. Square footage is taken into consideration, along with each home’s specific cleaning needs.
Regardless of your own home’s needs, here are five suggestions on how to keep the
cleaning time and cost down.
1. Pick up the clutter (or at least hide it away!) The objective is for your cleaning technician to thoroughly clean your home, not to organize it. Cleaners can only clean exposed and reachable areas. Having clutter picked up throughout the home is very helpful. With less obstacles in the way of actual cleaning, the technician doesn’t spend time picking up or moving around clutter and can move throughout the home in a much more efficient manner. This saves you time and money and ensures a more thorough cleaning. It’s important to remember that a more thorough cleaning lasts longer.
2. Consider space customization. Customizing your space means you eliminate certain rooms from your home cleaning. These are typically rooms that do not get used as much, such as guest rooms and guest baths. Another type of space customization is to have the floor with the highest foot traffic in the home cleaned —maybe downstairs only. This will save time and reduce the cost of your cleaning if the entire home doesn’t require full services. If you decide to have omitted rooms cleaned periodically, time can be added on for that particular cleaning. There are many options for customization. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and discuss ideas for customization with your cleaner. If the customization is within reason, your cleaner will be happy to work it out with you.
3. Skip services that don’t matter to you. For example, our usual cleaning service includes changing the master bed sheets and making up the other unmade beds. We also empty all the wastebaskets and take out the kitchen trash. Agreeing to having the beds made up and/or the trash taken out prior to the scheduled cleaning reduces the time and cost of the cleaning. Again, don’t hesitate to discuss the scope of services, and time and cost will be adjusted accordingly.
4. Keep pet related messes in order. Cleaning companies do charge more when taking into consideration the extra time it will take to do pet related cleaning. Anything you can do to reduce the amount of pet hair, litter, bird cage spill outs, etc., that are in areas that need to be cleaned will help shorten the cleaning time and cost.
5. Base your professional cleaning on the amount of time you are willing to pay. Similar to other home cleaning services, Bright at Home Cleaning requires a minimum of three hours to send a cleaning technician to clean a home. This may be perfect for your situation! This type of cleaning is great if you just want areas of the home cleaned that you typically do not have time to thoroughly clean yourself or when you need some extra help. You can make a list of priorities that fit under our scope of services, and let the cleaning technician take care of your top needs in the time allotted.
If you’re looking to save yourself some time and/or relieve some stress in keeping your home clean but figured professional home cleaning wasn’t in the cards, it might be more accessible and practical than you thought.
Head Cleaning Technician at Bright at Home Cleaning
We happily brighten homes throughout Collin County, Texas.